Syrian Refugee Children & Families Need Help Now!
Started April 20, 2017
Created by Marcella Barba-Olmos266 Facebook Friends.
Funds will go to
One Global Family Foundation
One Global Family Foundation (OGFF),
In Collaboration With Operation Refugee Child (ORC),
and other collaborative partners in SoCal, is answering the
call for HELP from displaced children and families of Syria.
Caught in the midst of a brutal six-year civil war, refugee families continue to leave everything behind, in desperate search of safety and survival. According to the United Nation’s High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR):
- 13.5 MILLION people are in need of urgent assistance in Syria.
- 5 MILLION people have fled Syria since 2011, seeking safety and shelter in temporary camps in Jordan, Lebanon, and beyond.
- Roughly ONE THIRD are children under the age of 12.
- Altogether, more than 70 PERCENT are women and children.
WHAT THEY NEED RIGHT NOW:
Two (2) 40-foot shipping containers full of donated humanitarian aid (hundreds of survival backpacks with school supplies and basic necessities, tons of clothing, jackets, sweaters, warm blankets, towels, shoes, diapers, hygiene kits and sanitary products, toys, and other critical items) are to be sent for children and families who are in dire need of them. The first container will be loaded for shipment to Jordan on April 29th. The second container will ship to Lebanon by May 29th. OGFF will be working with ORC and other international relief organizations for on-site distribution.
To do this, we need to raise $15,000 to cover the shipping fees, transporting the donations to refugee camps, purchasing additional supplies in Jordan and Lebanon, and other associated costs. Won’t you please do your part to HELP these families?
- The first $5,000 is needed by April 29th for the Jordan shipment.
- The remaining $10,000 will be needed by May 29th for the Lebanon shipment.
Please make a contribution today and share this info forward. THANK YOU!
All U.S. donations are tax-deductible under 501(c)3 (Tax ID #952931380). For donations of $1,000 or more, please contact (714)723-4214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO DO MORE?
A. ON SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH, COME VOLUNTEER with us to help load our 40-foot humanitarian aid container at these locations and times:
- 7AM at One Global Family Foundation (OC) - 625 The City Drive, Orange, CA 92868
- 9AM at Public Storage (OC) - 27201 Cabot Road, Laguna Hills, CA 92677
- 9:30AM at Public Storage (LA) - 3636 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004
- 11:15AM at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-ay Saints (LA)
1209 S. Manhattan Place, Los Angeles, CA 90019
- 12:15PM Pacific Expressway (LA) - 3010 Alameda Street, Compton, CA 90222
To sign up to volunteer, please text message us at: 714-723-4214 or
B. PARTICIPATE IN OUR NEXT HUMANITARIAN SERVICE DAYS IN MAY THRU OCTOBER.
OGFF is leveraging volunteers, donors, and collaborative sponsoring partners from interfaith, corporate, humanitarian and community organizations to collect, organize, pack and ship a variety of necessities to the Syrian refugee camps in Lebanon. Please bring your new and gently used goods for women, children and men, including warm clothes, shoes, blankets, sheets, towels, diapers (sizes 4,5,6), baby wipes, hygiene products, toilet paper, backpacks, school supplies, and toys. All undergarments must be new.
C. BECOME A OGFF TEAM LEADER. If you are interested in being a lead for a Donation Drop-Off Station for your area in Southern California, please text message (714) 723-4214 or email us at info@OneGlobalFamilyFoundation.org.
- There are no funders for this Campaign..